Senior Application Engineer, Synopsys
Last updateAugust 9, 2021
- KAIST, School of Electrical Engineering Ph.D. (Sep. 2017 – Aug. 2021)
- KAIST, School of Electrical Engineering M.S. (Sep. 2015 – Aug. 2017)
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, B.S. (Sep. 2011 – Jun. 2015)
- Machine Learning for EDA
- Design for manufacturability (DFM)
- Senior application engineer, Synopsys Custom Design and Manufacturing Group (Jan. 2021 – Present)
- Research assistant, design technology lab (DTLab) (Aug. 2017 – Dec. 2020)
- Research assistant, smart sensor architecture lab (SSAL) (Sep. 2015 – Jul. 2017)
- Gangmin Cho, Yonghwi Kwon, Pervaiz Kareem, and Youngsoo Shin, “Integrated test pattern extraction and generation for accurate lithography modeling,” IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 495-503, Jun. 2022.
- Pervaiz Kareem, and Youngsoo Shin, “Synthesis of Lithography Test Patterns Using Machine Learning Model,” IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 49-57, Feb. 2021.
- Pervaiz Kareem, Yonghwi Kwon, and Youngsoo Shin, “Layout pattern synthesis for lithography optimizations,” IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 283-290, May. 2020.
- Khan, Asim, Pervaiz Kareem, and Chong-Min Kyung. “ROM and recursion free high accuracy approximation of base-2 logarithm using MacLaurin series.” Electronics Letters 54.10 (2018): 622-624.
- Pervaiz Kareem, Yonghwi Kwon, Gangmin Cho, and Youngsoo Shin, “Fast prediction of process variation band through machine learning models,” Proc. SPIE Advanced Lithography, Feb. 2021.
- Gangmin Cho, Yonghwi Kwon, Pervaiz Kareem, Sungho Kim, and Youngsoo Shin, “Test pattern extraction for lithography modeling under design rule revisions,” Proc. SPIE Advanced Lithography, Feb. 2021.
- Pervaiz Kareem, Syed Ramiz Naqvi, Chong-Min Kyung,” A low error add and shift-based efficient implementation of base-2 logarithm”, Proc. Int. Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), Mar. 2017, 1-6.
- Woojin Yun, Young-Gyu Kim, Yeongmin Lee, Jinyeon Lim, Wonseok Choi, Muhammas Umar Karim Khan, Asim Khan, Said Homidov, Pervaiz Kareem, Hyun Sang Park, Chong-Min Kyung, ” Offset aperture based hardware architecture for real time depth extraction”, Int. 2017 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) 2017.
- Pervaiz Kareem, Asim Khan, and Chong-Min Kyung. “Memory efficient self guided image filtering.” 2017 International SoC Design Conference (ISOCC). IEEE, 2017.